By Sam Piha
We recently hosted a Speaker’s Forum in Los Angeles and Oakland entitled, “Getting Intentional About Social Emotional Learning”. These Forums were led by Dr. Dale Blyth, University of Minnesota.
Of those that attended (95):
- 46% oversee one or more afterschool or summer programs
- 23% provide technical assistance and training to afterschool and summer programs
- 30% have been working to improve youth learning and outcomes for 5-10 years
- 53% have been working to improve youth learning and outcomes for more than 10 years
- 87% agreed or strongly agreed that the Speaker’s Forum will result in reshaping practice in their youth program
For those who were unable to attend Dr. Blyth’s presentation, you can view a nearly identical presentation video by clicking here.
Dr. Dale Blyth served as the Howland Endowed Chair in Youth Leadership Development with the University of Minnesota Extension Center for Youth Development and the College of Education and Human Development. From 2013 to 2015 he led the SEL Initiative, a partnership between the University and Youthprise. The American Youth Policy Forum describes Dr. Blyth as “one of our favorite SEL gurus”.